If you have not checked out what we’re up to lately, I encourage you to take a look. I’m so excited about what the AIPI team is accomplishing. About how they’ve grown and gelled as a team. All you have to do is read about what’s going on with the Indigenous Leadership Academy’s second cohort of 27 emerging leaders from 15 tribal nations in 8 states and Washington, DC. Or take a look at our recent policy and research publications on a major Supreme Court Ruling and FCC Data Collection. Additionally, we’re working as part of the Indigneous Faculty Collective at Arizona State University on setting up a series of...
Indigenous Leadership Academy
ILA Participant Testimonial
The American Indian Policy Institute (AIPI) is proud to announce the creation of the Indigenous Leadership Academy with support from Arizona Public Service. The goal of the Academy is to work with emerging Indigenous leaders from throughout Arizona by expanding their knowledge, skills, and networks to address long-term issues faced by Indigenous governments, communities, associations, and corporations, located within the state of Arizona. The program will inspire and motivate participants in how to execute strategies and lead change. There is no comparable program in the Nation.
Upon completing this program, participants will be able to:
● Demonstrate an understanding of effective leadership practices that are contextually situated and culturally framed;
● Analyze and reflect on multiple case studies and models of Indigenous leadership;
● Utilize data and leverage resources effectively;
● Improve communication and representation of self and community;
● Examine strategies for facilitating collaborations, fostering partnerships, and building consensus;
● Design personalized leadership and project/program action plans.