Tribal Financial Managers Certificate (TFMC) Training
The ASU American Indian Policy Institute (AIPI), Native American Finance Officers Association (NAFOA), and Thunderbird School of Global Management are excited to announce the next Tribal Financial Manager Certificate Training. This certificate training for tribal government financial management professionals--a component of our Tribal Economic Leadership Program--provides an in-depth background in tribal government finance, Indian law, taxation, and economic development. Attendees can earn up to 20 CPE credits.
Next TFMC TBD. More details forthcoming
TFMC is the official training course for NAFOA's newest publication, Financial Reporting and Information Guide for Tribal Governments and Enterprises (Orange Book).
Tribal Financial Manager Certificate (TFMC) Training Features:
- Principles of federal Indian law and its effect on tribal financial management
- Government accounting standards and principles
- Compliance with the new OMB Uniform Guidance
- Self-determination, self-governance, financial compliance, and record-keeping
- Effects of federal, state, and tribal taxation on tribal financial management, including the development of a revenue allocation plan
- Best practices for internal controls and procurement policies
- Key tools for developing and managing budgets
- Emerging financial issues in Indian Country