AIPI Blog

What We've Been Up To Lately

Headshot Traci Morris

Traci L. Morris, Ph.D

Executive Director

If you have not checked out what we’re up to lately, I encourage you to take a look. I’m so excited about what the AIPI team is accomplishing. About how they’ve grown and gelled as a team.  All you have to do is read about what’s going on with the Indigenous Leadership Academy’s second cohort of 27 emerging leaders from 15 tribal nations in 8 states and Washington, DC. Or take a look at our recent policy and research publications on a major Supreme Court Ruling and FCC Data Collection. Additionally, we’re working as part of the Indigneous Faculty Collective at Arizona State University on setting up a series of fireside chats on Tribal Sovereignty. We’ll also be co-hosting a Tribal Sovereignty conference in the spring. Theres more to come on this series of events, but these are just a few of the things we’re working on.

As for myself, I continue to represent Tribal broadband topics nationally. In August, I spoke to Marketplace about continuing issues with Tribal broadband access. You can read or listen to that article here.  I have joined the Advisory Committee of the Indigenous Connectivity Institute (ICI), and in October, we’ll be hosting the Indigenous Connectivity Summit. You can learn more about ICS here.  I hope you’ll join us in Winnipeg!  Finally, we’re in the planning stages of bringing a Tribal Broadband Bootcamp to ASU! More to come! As always, #BeTheSolution